Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday March 31

Started out the day with a walk on the beach with my sister. It was perfect weather for walking and only the joggers were out. Unbeknownst to Kim, I do not 'walk' on a beach. It's more of a step step step, stoop and pick a up a shell. Repeat.



This is the egg case of Lightning Whelks. I haven't found a shell of these here yet but there were many on Sanibel Island.

Anyway I was super excited to find some shells I had looked for on Sanibel Island last year but didn't find...the wentletrap and the white baby's ear. Kim just didn't understand how wonderful this was! I had to let Jacky, Ben and Maggie know what I had found as soon as I got back to the condo.

This is my wentletrap. The name comes from the German word 'wendeltreppe' meaning winding staircase.

My White Baby's Ear. The living baby's ear has such a large 'foot' it cannot be withdrawn into the shell.

Maybe you would like to see our condo. We are on the third floor of the building with the blue roof.

 

Little sandpipers going after the coquinas
I had to add my little friend the crab. He brought lots of attention from surrounding families but luckily the parents taught their children to look and not bother him. Finally, some respect shown the native wildlife. I am happy to see that!

Time at the condo for lunch and putting together the blog so I can add pictures. Then more walks on the beach, especially for pictures of the sunset. Supper at Kim and Collins condo with kabobs and home again. Not sunburned yet but tired. I'm used to the quiet of the country and there's a bit more noise here besides the waves. Missing Jacky and the puppies but not the storms they're having up there.

I like this picture with the sun setting behind me. Notice the party goers have gone in for the day.

Now I have problems. Mom and I could not decide which sunset picture to use. So everyone gets to see more than one!
 



And finally...

Good night!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment